Jarrett Richards, better known as Coach Richards to many in the Westchester County Area, is certified in N.Y.S. Physical Education Pre-K through 12th grade. He has been teaching Physical Education in Westchester County for 16 years, and is happily married with a beautiful wife and three wonderful daughters living in North White Plains.
Coach Richards has the incredible gift of not only being able to manage over 40 energetic kids at one time, but pretty much turning them into members of his fan club after just a short period of time. By working with some of the toughest inner city kids, as well as some of the most gifted and advanced students that Westchester County has to offer, Coach Richards is able to quickly command the respect and admiration of all his party members. Hyperactive kids are able to harness their energy into specific tasks, while less active kids are motivated by Coach Richards’ positive reinforcement.
Jarrett Richards’ Experience Includes:
- The design, implementation, and assessment of a standard based curriculum aimed at personal health, physical fitness, resource management, safety, and a healthy environment conducive to learning.
- Experience with special needs cases such as Autism, ADHD, and ADD.
- Organizing, facilitating, and coaching an after school Elementary Basketball and Cheerleading Tournament for 15 years.
- Planning a variety of field day activities designed to challenge students physically, socially, and academically.
- Arranging staff development sporting events and team building concepts designed to increase school spirit and morale.
- Organizing After School Dance Clubs, Art Clubs, Talent Shows and Sports Clubs.
Jarrett Richards Certifications:
- B.S. in Physical Education (Hunter College 1998).
- Masters in School District Administration and Supervision (Mercy College 2002).
- Certified Personal Trainer by The American College of Sports Medicine.
- Certified in CPR and AED.
Johnny Gorton- Parker holds a dual New York State certification in Physical Education K-12 and Health Education 7- 12. He is currently employed by the Bronx Alliance School in the Bronx NY, teaching both health and physical education. Johnny focuses on educating beyond the academic/physical content and developing life skills in all his students. Coach Johnny also believes that all students can learn, but require different methodologies and teaching strategies.
Johnny Gorton-Parker’s Experience Includes:
- Student Athlete; contributed to the Empire 8 conference football championship. He also played basketball and lacrosse
- Youth Activities Coordinator, developed and facilitated interactive games and activities for children of all ages.
- Varsity Football Coach/Strength and Conditioning coach for student athletes; this entailed developing a weight training and weight management program.
Johnny Gorton-Parker’s Certifications:
- American Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification
- New York State Certification in Physical Education K-12 (Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY 2010 – 2014)
- New York State Certification in Health 7-12 (Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY 2010 – 2014)
- New York Omicron Athlete Honor Society, Chi Alpha Sigma